Ten Chi Jin Ryaku no Maki is the absolute foundation of Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, unarmed fighting and self defence techniques.
Recorded in Stockholm, Sweden September 2002 – February 2003
Kaigozan dojo and many other use these techniques as a base for ranking beginners up to 1’st degree black belt.
Ten ryaku no maki: 9 kyu – 7 kyu (yellow belt)
Chi ryaku no maki: 6 kyu – 4 kyu (green belt)
Jin ryaku no maki: 3 kyu – 1 kyu (brown belt)
All these techniques is demonstrated on this video 1-3 times. It is not a self study course, it should rather be seen as a reference material and a compliment to your studies with a good teacher.
There is no verbal instructions or speaking on this video. So it doesn’t require that you know English or any other language.
Sample clip from the video
This is one of the first videos we made. It was filmed between 2002 and 2003. The movie quality is not very good. But it has been our best seller since we opened our web shop. Many people like to know the basics :-).
Note: Not all teachers use this curricullum exactly for their ranking. But the techniques are the most fundamental and basic techniques in the Bujinkan Dojo system. So it is worth studying anyway!
Techniques covered in this video
TEN (first level, usually 9 kyu to 7 kyu)
– Taihenjutsu Ukemi (breakfalling),
– Kamae (9 basic positions),
– Hiken Juuroppou (16 basic strikes),
– Sanshin no Kata (5 basic movements),
– Kihon Happou (8 basic techniques),
– Shinken Taihenjutsu (escaping sword cuts),
CHI (second level, usually 6 kyu to 4 kyu)
– Hajutsu Kyuhou (9 methodsd to free oneself),
– Gyaku Gi (9 joint manipulations),
– Nage Kata (9 basic throws),
– Ryusui Iki (5 sacrificing throws),
– Shime Waza (5 basic strangulation methods),
JIN (third level, usually 3 kyu to 1 kyu)
– Suwari Kata (3 defenses from a seated position),
– Katate Dori (5 defenses from a single hand grab,
– Ryoute Dori (7 defense techniques from a double lapel grabs),
– Haibuyori (5 defense techniques from attacks from behind),
– Tsuki Uchi (9 defence techniques from a punch),
– Keri Ni Taisuru (5 defense techniques agains kicks),
– Tsuki to Keri ni Taisuku (4 defense techniques from kicks and punches),
– Nage Kaeshi (8 defense techniques against throws),
– Muto Dori (1 defense technique from a knife stab),
– Zanto Tonko no Kata (7 methods of fleeing from the attack).
About the instructor
Mats Hjelm started training in Bujinkan for the first time around 1983, but it wasn’t until 1986 he had the opportunity to start training more seriously under a Shidôshi. He attends around 20 seminars, go to Japan 2-3 times every year. Since he started training he never had a training break. He takes his budo training very seriously! If you want to sponsor a seminar or course, please don’t hesitate to contact him. For more information see his web site www.kesshi.com
About the download
Click here for more information about our download files and how it works!